Why Use Google Earth in the Classroom?
Easy Ways for Getting Started:
1. Navigate and explore together as an introduction.
2. Search and explore areas around your school.
3. Demonstrate street view.
4. Take destination requests from students.
5. Point out and discuss the + and - signs.
6. Provide exploration time.
A collection of interactive tours, quizzes, and layers with the sole purpose being to educate about the world.
Nature, Games, Layers, Street View, Culture, Travel, and Education.
Many of the Voyager collections come with ready to use classroom activities and lesson plans found at the Google for Education Google Earth site.
Creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking can easily be promoted and encouraged with any of the tours. Find a template to get you started in our Google Earth Wakelet Collection below.
If you have ideas or other resources for using Google Earth let us know in the comments on our blog and give us Somethin to Tech About.
Check out or visit our Google Earth Wakelet Collection for more resources.